Mostly books, sometimes other bits.

17th August...

…Fitzgerald on the train, French Connection lust, blogging, microfilm, 6am suspender drama, coffee cake and theatre employment searches….


Probably should be going to sleep, since I’ve got to get up in 5 hours… however, happily distracted by frenchconection.com ♥


I’m salivating over most of the online collection, but one serious question still sticks out in my mind: why do people wear playsuits? Do they want to look like 3 year olds? Also, the floor in public toilets is always vomit inducing, and who really wants to sit in a public toilet naked with a baby-grow around their ankles just for the sake of fashion?


The mind boggles, honestly.

 Also aimlessly Googling Jeanette Winterson books. Sexing the Cherry sounds interesting, but slightly gutted that Wikipedia doesn’t have a page for Written on the Body. Was hoping for some breezy and not too taxing analysis. Might have to pick up a criticism book, scary.

 Missing my lovely Lancaster sisterhood, particularly those of it who have departed these rain splattered shores and whisked themselves off to altogether more exotic climes. Still, Madrid in September and London before that, over the bank holiday weekend, so I can’t really complain without sounding like a spoilt bitch… especially since I’ve been back from Greece for all of 5 days.

 It’s now 4 ½ hours until I need to get up, and I’m still feeling the effects of today’s 5 cups of coffee. Mildly annoying, because I’m definitely going to need my energy tomorrow. I foresee another day translating the overly-punctuated, rambling letters of Wakefield residents, waiting for non-existent emails to flash into my inbox, and fighting with the temperamental microfilm machine.

 I literally can’t wait to be a proper journo.

 Also, I’ve discovered the fairytale of the Twelve Dancing Princesses, as translated by the Brothers Grimm, and it’s b-e-a-u-tiful.

 Thought of the day… ‘I’m feeling your leather jacket, want to go to the Premier Inn?’






No comments:

Post a Comment